【延遲英文】12個延遲相關的英文使用方法,讓你在生活及職場上運用自如!
【延遲英文】12個延遲相關的英文使用方法,讓你在生活及職場上運用自如!
我們在職場難免遇到進度要延遲的情況,今天今天我們來學習和『延遲』相關的用語,希望大家以後難免延遲的時候也能用上喔,當然最好是不要延遲啦!
- 若要表示『將某事延後』則使用 delay 和 postpone:
- delay + N/V-ing 推遲做.....
The flight was delayed due to bad weather.
飛機延誤了,因為天氣不好。
He delayed telling her the news, waiting for the right moment.
他沒有馬上把消息告訴她,等有了適當的時機再說。
- postpone + N/V-ing 推遲做.....
Example sentence: They decided to postpone the meeting until next week.
他們決定將會議推遲到下周。
- put off + N/V-ing 推遲做.....
Don’t put off until tomorrow what you can do today.
不要把今天能做的事拖到明天。
He keeps putting off going to the dentist.
他把看牙醫的事一拖再拖。
- hold off + N/V-ing 推遲做.....
We could get a new computer now or hold off until prices are lower.
我們現在就可以買新電腦,不然就等到降價再說。
Could you hold off making your decision for a few days?
你能推遲幾天再作決定嗎?
- 但如果是『刻意拖延』,就要使用:
- procrastinate /proʊˈkræstɪneɪt/ vi. 拖延;耽擱
Stop procrastinating and start working on your assignment.
別拖延了,開始做你的作業吧。
- sit on sth 拖延;積壓;擱置某事
Don’t just sit on the idea. Take action and make it happen.
別只是慢吞吞地想法。採取行動讓它實現。
They have been sitting on my application for a month now.
他們壓著我的申請不辦有一個月了。
- stall /stɔːl/ vi. & vt. 故意拖延(以贏得時間)
The politician tried to stall the debate by raising irrelevant issues.
政客試圖通過提出無關的問題來拖延辯論。
They are still stalling on the deal.
他們仍在拖時間,而不急於達成協議。
- drag one’s feet 故意拖拉;故意延遲(作出決定)
The company is dragging its feet on implementing the new policy.
公司在執行新政策上猶豫不決。
- 如果是要表示『慢慢來,不急』
- take one’s time 從容不迫;不著急,不慌忙
Take your time, don’t cut corners and follow instructions to the letter.
慢慢來,不要圖省事,要嚴格按照說明去做。
*cut corners (常不按規則或省略地)用最簡捷經濟的方式做事,圖省事;(做事)走捷徑
*to the letter 絲毫不差;不折不扣;精確地
There’s no rush. You can take your time with this project.
沒有必要著急,你可以慢慢來做這個專案。
- 以下幾個動詞可以表示『磨磨蹭蹭』:
- dawdle /ˈdɔːdl/ vi. 拖延;磨蹭
Stop dawdling! We’re going to be late!
別磨蹭了,咱們快遲到了!
- dilly-dally /ˈdɪli dæli/ vi. 磨蹭;猶豫
If you dilly-dally in this way, you’ll never get the work done.
如果你老是這樣磨磨蹭蹭的,那你別想把事情辦好。
- dally /ˈdæli/ vi. 慢吞吞地做;拖延
The bureaucrats dallied too long.
這些官僚拖拉了太久。
*bureaucrat /ˈbjʊrəkræt / n. 官僚主義者;官僚
------
想學更多生活英文嗎?
免費加入會員,看新聞、文章順便學英文!
#FUNDAY看世界⠀#FUNDAY部落格 #生活英文