在英文中有一個類別叫做道地慣用語(idiom),在日常生活中和商務場合上都很常見。今天我們就來看一些不能從字面意思翻譯的商務英語慣用語。下次聽到外籍客戶說的英文就不會雞同鴨講囉。
- touch base - 短暫聯繫或更新一下情況。
Let’s touch base next week to review the project.
我們下週短暫聯繫一下,回顧一下這個項目。
- on the same page - 達成共識或對某事有相同的理解。
We need to make sure we’re on the same page before the meeting.
我們需要確保在會議之前達成一致意見。
- get the ball rolling - 開始某個計劃或項目。
Let’s get the ball rolling on this new marketing campaign.
讓我們開始這個新的市場推廣活動。
- think outside the box - 創新地思考,不拘泥於傳統方式。
We need to think outside the box to come up with new solutions.
我們需要創新思維來提出新的解決方案。
- in the loop - 保持資訊的更新或知情。
Please keep me in the loop on any developments regarding the client.
請隨時告知我關於客戶的任何最新情況。
- behind the scenes - 在幕後進行的工作,通常不被外界看到。
A lot of work happens behind the scenes to ensure the event runs smoothly.
很多工作在幕後進行,確保活動順利進行。
- move the goalposts - 改變條件或要求,使得原來的標準或目標變得不再適用。
The client keeps moving the goalposts, making it hard to meet their expectations.
客戶不停地改變要求,使得達到他們的期望變得困難。
- circle back - 回到之前的問題或話題上來討論。
Let’s circle back to this issue after we’ve completed the current tasks.
讓我們在完成當前任務後,再回到這個問題上來討論。
- touch on - 輕微提及或簡要談論。
We’ll touch on the budget during the meeting.
我們在會議中會簡要談到預算問題。
- break even - 收支平衡,不賺也不虧。
We need to increase sales to break even on this quarter’s expenses.
我們需要增加銷售額,才能在本季度的開支上達到收支平衡。
- see eye to eye - 在某事上完全同意或達成一致。
After a lengthy discussion, we finally saw eye to eye on the new project’s direction.
經過長時間的討論,我們終於在新項目的方向上達成了一致。
- take sth on board - 表示接受或考慮某個意見或建議。
We appreciate your feedback and will take your suggestions on board for the next phase of development.
我們感謝您的反饋,並將在下一階段的發展中考慮您的建議。
- put sth on the back burner - 把某事擱置,暫時不處理。
Due to the urgent deadline, we had to put the marketing campaign on the back burner for now.
由於緊迫的截止日期,我們不得不暫時擱置市場推廣活動。
想學更多商業英文嗎?
推薦閱讀
免費加入會員,看新聞、文章順便學英文!
#FUNDAY 學英文#FUNDAY部落格 #商業英文
學員真實心得: