
學校欲懲處吹哨者
David and Wendy are art students. They are chatting.
大衛和溫蒂是念藝術的學生。他們正在聊天。
David: Hey Wendy, did you hear about the school’s art exhibition?
大衛:嗨,溫蒂,你聽說學校的藝術展了嗎?
exhibition(n.)展覽exhibit(v.)展示
Wendy: Yeah, I heard about it. Something weird happened, right?
溫蒂:是的,我聽說了。發生了一件奇怪的事情,對吧?
weird(adj.)奇怪的、詭異的strange(adj.)難以理解的
David: Exactly! The winning artwork turned out to be created by AI.
大衛:沒錯!獲獎的作品竟然是由人工智慧生成的。
artificial intelligence人工智慧
Wendy: No way! That’s surprising.
溫蒂:不會吧!真是令人驚訝。
surprising(adj.)令人驚訝的
David: Yeah, and the student who brought it into the open online is now in trouble. The school is threatening to punish him if he doesn’t delete his post.
大衛:是的,而且現在披露此事的學生卻陷入麻煩。學校威脅如果他不刪除貼文的話,就要懲罰他。
bring…into the open曝光、披露某事be in trouble陷入麻煩punish(v.)懲罰、處罰threaten(v.)威脅threat(n.)威脅pose a threat引起威脅
Wendy: That’s not fair. He was just speaking up.
溫蒂:那太不公平了。他只是把實話說出來而已。
speak up暢所欲言
David: I agree. The school should handle it better.
大衛:我同意。學校應該更妥善地處理這件事。
handle(v.)處理、處置=deal with
Wendy: Definitely. They shouldn’t punish the student for telling the truth.
溫蒂:對啊。他們不應該因為說實話而懲罰學生。
David: Exactly. I hope things get sorted out soon.
大衛:沒錯。希望事情能盡快解決。
sort out解決=solve