
打破金馬魔咒
Ariel and her foreign friend Jason are chatting.
艾莉兒和她的外國朋友傑森在聊天。
foreign(adj.)外國的
Jason: I find the topics of Taiwanese movies very interesting.
傑森:我覺得台灣電影的題材都很特別耶。
find(v.)發現topic(n.)主題Taiwanese(adj.)台灣的interesting(adj.)有趣的
Ariel: How so?
艾莉兒:怎麼說?
so(adv.)這樣,如此
Jason: I watched The Bold, the Corrupt, and the Beautiful last weekend, but I did not quite get it.
傑森:週末我看了《血觀音》,但我不太懂。
watch(v.)看last(adj.)最後的weekend(n.)週末quite(adv.)完全地get(v.)懂,理解
Ariel: It’s probably because there is satire based on real events that happened in Taiwan.
艾莉兒:因為它諷刺一些台灣真實發生過的事。
probably(adv.)也許because(conj.)因為satire(n.)諷刺作品based on根據real(adj.)真實的event(n.)事件happen(v.)發生
Jason: You mean horrible things such as a whole family being killed?
傑森:妳是說像滅門這麼恐怖的事?
mean(v.)意指horrible(adj.)恐怖的such as像是whole(adj.)全部的kill(v.)殺死
Ariel: Yes, that actually happened during the White Terror period.
艾莉兒:對啊白色恐怖的時候。
actually(adv.)實際上during(prep.)在……期間terror(n.)恐懼period(n.)時期
Jason: In my country, political satire is usually comical.
傑森:我們國家諷刺政治的電影以搞笑居多。
country(n.)國家political(adj.)政治的usually(adv.)通常comical(adj.)詼諧的
Ariel: Well, I guess there are different ways to express the same thing.
艾莉兒:嗯,呈現的方式不太相同。
guess(v.)猜different(adj.)不同的way(n.)方式express(v.)表達same(adj.)相同的thing(n.)事情
Jason: And what is “the curse of The Golden Horse Awards”?
傑森:還有「金馬魔咒」是什麼意思?
curse(n.)詛咒golden(adj.)金色的award(n.)獎
Ariel: It means Taiwanese films that have a Golden Horse Award usually experience poor box office sales.
艾莉兒:是指獲獎的影片常常票房不好。
film(n.)電影experience(v.)經歷poor(adj.)不良的sale(n.)銷售額
Jason: So The Bold, the Corrupt, and the Beautiful broke the curse then?
傑森:所以《血觀音》有打破魔咒嗎?
break(v.)打破then(ad.)那麼
Ariel: Yes, it did. It also hit top-selling movie in Taipei’s box office.
艾莉兒:算揚眉吐氣了,它榮登台北票房冠軍。
also(adv.)也
Jason: That is cool. I really like the character Madame Tang in the movie. She is very elegant and cunning at the same time.
傑森:我很喜歡棠夫人這個角色,充滿心機又優雅。
character(n.)角色madame(n.)夫人,女士elegant(adj.)優雅的cunning(adj.)狡猾的,奸詐的
Ariel: You would have never guessed. That actress has also starred in many martial arts movies before!
艾莉兒:你絕對想像不到,她還演過武打片呢!
never(adv.)從不actress(n.)女演員star(v.)主演martial art武術before(adv.)之前