
泡麵與麥片
Robin comes from America. He and Susan are in a grocery store.
羅賓來自美國,他與蘇珊正在一間超市。
Robin: It’s hard to find toilet paper rolls in Taiwan. Your toilet paper for common use and toilet use are the same.
羅賓:在台灣很難找到捲筒衛生紙耶。你們的一般用的衛生紙與廁所用的衛生紙是一樣的。
toilet(n.)廁所roll(n.)一捲,筒狀物common(adj.)平常的,經常的use(n.)用途,用處
Susan: Right. Generally speaking, we rarely use toilet paper rolls at home.
蘇珊:是啊!一般來說,我們家裡很少使用捲筒衛生紙。
generally(adv.)一般地,通常rarely(adv.)很少
Robin: That seems strange to me. And cereals sold in Taiwan are far fewer than America. There must be an aisle for cereals in America.
羅賓:那對我來說很不可思議。還有台灣的麥片比美國的少很多,在美國一定會有一個走道擺放麥片。
seem(v.)似乎strange(adj.)奇怪的,不可思議的cereal(n.)穀類食物,麥片far(adv.)非常,遠遠few(adj.)很少,幾個aisle(n.)通道
Susan: That may have to do with the eating habits in both our countries.
蘇珊:那可能與兩個國間的飲食習慣有關。
may(aux.)可能have to do with…與…有關habit(n.)習慣
Robin: Instead of cereals, there is an aisle for instant noodles.
羅賓:取代麥片,甚至有一個走道擺放泡麵!
instead(adv.)作為替代instant(adj.)立即的,速食的,方便的
Susan: Instant noodles are popular here because they are really convenient and tasty.
蘇珊:泡麵在這裡很受歡迎啊,因為它們很好吃又方便。
popular(adj.)受歡迎的convenient(adj.)方便的tasty(adj.)美味的,可口的
Robin: That’s incredible! They really do taste good indeed.
羅賓:真令人難以置信!它們吃起來的確很棒。
incredible(adj.)難以置信的indeed(adv.)的確,確實
Susan: Believe me – you’ll miss them when you go back to America.
蘇珊:相信我,你回到美國後會想念泡麵的。
believe(v.)相信miss(v.)想念,懷念,思念
Robin: Haha. By the way, I can’t find a coffee grinder in the grocery store here.
羅賓:哈哈!對了,我在這裡的超市找不到咖啡磨豆機耶!
by the way順帶一提grinder(n.)研磨機
Susan: Don’t worry. I’ll show you a good coffee shop nearby.
蘇珊:別擔心,我會帶你去附近很棒的咖啡店的。
worry(v.)擔心show(v.)給…帶路,帶領nearby(adj.)在附近,附近地