
安迪沃荷特展
Hugo and Helen are texting each other.
雨果和海倫正在互相傳訊。
text(v.)給…傳訊息
Hugo: Hey, Helen, are you available this Saturday?
雨果:嘿,海倫,妳這週六有空嗎?
available(adj.)有空的
Helen: I’m visiting my friend at the hospital, but my Sunday’s free. Why?
海倫:我要去醫院看我朋友,但星期天有空。怎麼了呢?
free(adj.)有空的、空閒的
Hugo: An exhibition of Andy Warhol’s art is being held at the Chiang Kai-shek Memorial Hall until April 14th. Are you coming with me?
雨果:中正紀念堂現在正在舉行安迪沃荷的藝術展,到4月14日;妳要一起來嗎?
art(n.)藝術hold(v.)舉辦、發生memorial(n.)紀念物hall(n.)禮堂、大廳
Helen: Absolutely! Modern art is right up my alley, you know!
海倫:當然!現代藝術是我的愛呢,你知道的。
absolutely(adv.)一點不錯、完全對modern(adj.)現代的right(adv.)正是、恰恰up one’s alley合口味、為…所喜愛
Hugo: It’s right up my alley as well. His works, which feature the use of bright colors and contrasts, are nice to look at. They also reflect what was happening in the world at that time.
雨果:我也是。他的作品特徵為使用明亮的色彩與對比,非常好看;他們也反映出那個時代世界上所發生的事。
work(n.)作品feature(v.)以…為特徵use(n.)使用bright(adj.)明亮的contrast(n.)對比、差異reflect(v.)反映happen(v.)發生
Helen: Not only are Warhol’s paintings famous, but he also came up with the phrase “15 minutes of fame,” which means someone could be hot news today but forgotten tomorrow. Brilliant! Isn’t it?
海倫:不只他的繪畫很著名,他也想出這個片語「15分鐘的名氣」,意思是某人今天也許很熱門,而明天就被遺忘了。很棒對吧?
painting(n.)繪畫come up with sth.想出、提出phrase(n.)片語fame(n.)名氣、聲譽、名望mean(v.)意思是、意味著someone(pron.)某人could(aux.)也許hot(adj.)熱門的news(n.)新聞、消息brilliant(adj.)聰明的、出色的
Hugo: “In the future, everyone will be famous for 15 minutes.”— it’s so ironic yet humorous!
雨果:「在未來,人人都可成名15分鐘」——這好諷刺但很幽默。
future(n.)未來everyone(pron.)每個人、大家ironic(adj.)諷刺的、令人啼笑皆非的yet(conj.)然而、儘管humorous(adj.)幽默的、滑稽的
Helen: Right? Anyway, let’s meet on Sunday at 10, okay?
海倫:是吧?對了,我們星期天十點見囉?
anyway(adv.)對了、反正、無論如何
Hugo: No problem!
雨果:沒問題!