
突破傳統框架
Penny and John are friends. They are chatting.
佩妮和約翰是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Penny: Hi, John! Did you hear about the Taiwanese circus troupe, Eye Catching Circus?
佩妮:嗨,約翰!你有聽說過台灣的馬戲團——「創造焦點」嗎?
troupe(n.)劇團eye-catching(adj.)吸睛的catch one’s eye吸引~的目光
John: No, I didn’t. What’s special about them?
約翰:沒有耶。他們有什麼特別的地方?
Penny: They are the first all-female circus troupe from Taiwan. They are going to perform at the biggest circus festival in the Czech Republic! It’s the first time a Taiwanese circus troupe is invited.
佩妮:他們是台灣首支全女性的馬戲團。他們將在捷克共和國最大的馬戲節上演出!這是台灣馬戲團第一次被邀請。
female(n.)女性perform(v.)表演performer(n.)表演者performance(n.)表演
John: That sounds exciting! What will they perform?
約翰:聽起來很令人期待!他們會表演什麼呢?
Penny: Their show is called “#Since1994”. It’s all about women’s stories and breaking traditional circus roles.
佩妮:他們的表演叫做「#Since1994」。全部都是關於女性的故事,還有突破傳統的馬戲團角色。
traditional(adj.)傳統的role(n.)角色play a role扮演角色role model榜樣
John: That’s cool. When will they perform?
約翰:真不錯。他們什麼時候演出?
Penny: They will perform from August 15 to September 1. The first show’s tickets are already sold out!
佩妮:他們會在8月15號到9月1號演出。首場的票已經賣完了!
sell out賣光(sell三態:sell,sold,sold)
John: I hope they do well and have a lot of fun!
約翰:希望他們表現出色,玩得開心!
Penny: Me too! It’s great to see Taiwanese artists getting noticed around the world.
佩妮:我也是!看到台灣的藝術家受到國際關注真的很棒。
notice(v.)注意(n.)公告、通知