
紅茶野餐音樂會~週末登場!
Richard and Claire are co-workers.
理查跟克萊兒是同事。
Richard: Are you drinking black tea again? You really are addicted to it.
理查:妳又在喝紅茶啦?妳真的是對紅茶上癮耶。
addicted(adj.)上癮的be addicted to sth.對某事物上癮
Claire: I just really like its aroma and taste.
克萊兒:我只是很喜歡紅茶的香氣跟味道嘛。
aroma(n.)(通常指食物或飲料的)香味;香氣taste(n.)味覺;味道;(個人的)興趣;鑒賞力;(vt.)嚐~的味道;體驗
Richard: Well, I’m not particularly fond of it, but I still drink it because it has many benefits.
理查:嗯,我不是特別喜歡紅茶,但我還是會喝,因為紅茶有很多好處。
particularly(adv.)特別地;尤其地fond(adj.)喜愛的be fond of sth.喜愛某事物benefit(n.)利益;優勢;好處
Claire: Such as?
克萊兒:像是?
Richard: It helps improve our oral health. Black tea drinkers might have a better heart and healthier bones, and they might have a lower risk of diabetes.
理查:紅茶可幫助改善口腔健康。飲用紅茶的人,心臟跟骨頭會較好,而且得糖尿病的風險較低。
improve(v.)改善;改進oral(adj.)口腔的;口頭的;(n.)口試healthy-healthier-healthiestbone(n.)骨頭risk(n.)風險;危險diabetes(不可數n.)糖尿病
Claire: That’s cool. I also heard that black tea could boost our immune system.
克萊兒:那很酷耶,我也聽說紅茶能增強免疫系統。
hear-heard-heard聽boost(vt.;n.)改善;提高;推動immune system免疫系統
Richard: Yup. Speaking of black tea, do you know that the 2017 Sun Moon Lake Black Tea Culture Festival is going to take place this weekend?
理查:是啊。說到紅茶,妳知道2017日月潭紅茶文化季要在這週末舉行嗎?
take place=to happen舉行;發生
Claire: Really? I didn’t know there was an event like that.
克萊兒:真的嗎?我不知道有這樣的活動耶!
event(n.)事情;活動
Richard: According to the report, there will be stands displaying agricultural products. There also will be some cultural activities allowing visitors to get free black tea bags, and so on.
理查:據報導,現場會有攤位展示各類農產品,也會有些文化活動讓遊客可以得到免費紅茶包等等。
stand(n.)攤位;展台display(v.;n.)佈置;陳列agricultural(adj.)農業的cultural(adj.)文化的allow(v.)容許;允許and so on等等
Claire: Wow! Sounds interesting! I’m definitely going!
克萊兒:哇!聽起來很有趣耶!我肯定要追啊!
definitely(adv.)肯定地;毫無疑問地