
我為你祈禱
Josh and Jenny are meeting for dinner.
喬許和珍妮碰面吃晚餐。
meet(v.)見面,碰面dinner(n.)晚餐
Jenny: Hi, Josh. You look unhappy. Is everything alright?
珍妮:嗨,喬許。你看起來不開心耶,沒事吧?
look(v.)看起來unhappy(adj.)不快樂的everything(pron.)每件事,一切alright(adj.)尚可
Josh: Hey! No, I had a fight with my girlfriend.
喬許:嘿!不,我和我女朋友吵架了。
have(v.)有fight(n.)吵架,打架girlfriend(n.)女朋友
Jenny: Really? Why?
珍妮:真的嗎?為什麼?
really(excl.)真的,是嗎why(adv.)為什麼
Josh: She found a note with a girl’s number in my pocket.
喬許:她在我口袋裡發現一張有女孩子電話的便條。
find(v.)找到,發現note(n.)短箋,便條with(prep.)有girl(n.)女孩number(n.)號碼pocket(n.)口袋
Jenny: What? You’re screwed!
珍妮:什麼?你完蛋了!
Josh: I know. I just put it in my pocket and completely forgot about it.
喬許:我知道。我只把它放進口袋,然後完全忘記它了。
know(v.)知道just(adv.)只是,僅put(v.)放置completely(adv.)完全地,徹底地forget(v.)忘記about(prep.)關於
Jenny: Uh-Oh. You should talk to her later. Bring her a present too, like her favorite food.
珍妮:呃,喔,糟了。你等一下應該找她談談。也帶一個禮物給她,像是她最喜歡的食物。
should(aux.)應該talk(v.)說話later(adv.)晚些時候bring(v.)帶,攜帶present(n.)禮物like(prep.)像是favorite(adj.)最喜愛的food(n.)食物
Josh: Will do. Wish me luck.
喬許:我會的,祝我好運吧!
wish(v.)祝願luck(n.)運氣
Jenny: I’ll keep my fingers crossed for you.
珍妮:我會為你祈禱的。
keep(v.)保持finger(n.)手指cross(v.)交叉