
噩運連連真倒霉
Ian and Peter are roommates. It’s dinner time.
伊恩和彼得是室友。 在是晚餐時間。
Ian: I’m cooking some Korean noodles. Do you want some?
伊恩:我在煮一些韓國泡麵。你要吃一點嗎?
Peter: Pass. I can’t really eat spicy food right now.
彼得:不了。我現在真的不能吃辛辣的食物。
pass不了、跳過我spicy(adj.)辛辣的
Ian: What’s wrong? Are you having a stomachache?
伊恩:怎麼了?你肚子痛嗎?
stomachache(n.)胃痛、肚子痛
Peter: It’s worse than that. I just found out that I had a canker sore in my mouth this morning.
彼得:比那還糟。我今天早上發現嘴破了一個洞。
bad-worse(adj.)糟糕的、不好的canker sore嘴破、小瘡口mouth(n.)嘴巴
Ian: How come?
伊恩:怎麼會?
Peter: I guess that I stayed up too late last night.
彼得:我想我昨晚熬夜熬太晚了。
stay up (late)熬夜到很晚
Ian: Take some vitamins then.
伊恩:那就吃些維他命。
take vitamin服用維他命
Peter: I need more than some vitamins. I also had a stiff neck this morning.
彼得:我需要的不只維他命,我今天早上還發現自己落枕了。
stiff neck落枕、stiff(adj.)僵直的
Ian: Wow. You’re really down on your luck.
伊恩:哇,你真的很倒霉耶。
Peter: I know. Give me a break!
彼得:我知道。放過我吧!
give me a break放我一馬、不相信某人說的話、少來