
父親的叮嚀
Hank is reading a novel. His dad is talking to him.
漢克正在看小說。他的父親在跟他說話。
read(v.)閱讀novel(n.)小說
Dad: Son! What are you going to do after dinner?
爸爸:兒子!晚飯後你打算做什麼?
Hank: I will go on to read the next novel.
漢克:我要繼續看下一本小說。
go on to do sth.繼續
Dad: You should give your eyes some rest.
爸爸:你應該讓眼睛休息。
eye(n.)眼睛rest(n.)休息
Hank: My eyes are fine.
漢克:我的眼睛沒事。
Dad: If you keep on reading, you’ll be shortsighted.
爸爸:如果你繼續這樣看,就會近視喔。
keep on doing sth.繼續
Hank: I don’t mind wearing glasses.
漢克:我不介意戴眼鏡。
mind(v.)介意wear(v.)穿戴glasses(n.)眼鏡
Dad: That’s not the point. Just take a break.
爸爸:那不是重點。休息一下。
not the point不是重點take a break休息片刻
Hank: Alright. I’ll stop reading for a while.
漢克:好啦。我會暫時不要看小說一下下。
for a while一陣子
Dad: That’s my boy.
爸爸:你很棒。