
一年累積3點,停權14天
Angie and David are friends. They are having a conversation.
安姬和大衛是朋友。他們正在對話。
Angie: Hey David, have you heard about the new YouBike rules?
安姬:嘿,大衛,你有聽說YouBike有新的規定嗎?
David: No, what’s changing?
大衛:沒有耶,有什麼變動?
Angie: They’re cracking down on illegal acts like running red lights and riding on sidewalks. You get points for those. If you get three points in a year, you won’t be allowed to use the YouBike for two weeks.
安姬:他們會嚴格打擊違法行為,像是闖紅燈和在人行道騎行,這些行為會記點處罰。如果一年內累積三點,就會被停權兩週。
crack down on打擊、取締illegal(adj.)非法的、不合法的sidewalk(n.)人行道allow(v.)允許allow sb. to VR允許某人做~
David: Wow, that’s pretty strict. Are we still up for biking this weekend?
大衛:哇,這樣滿嚴格的。我們這週末還要騎腳踏車嗎?
strict(adj.)嚴格的be up for sth.願意或準備參加某事
Angie: Sure! How about meeting at the MRT station at 10 a.m. on Saturday?
安姬:當然!星期六早上十點在捷運站見面如何?
David: Sounds good. Looking forward to it!
大衛:好啊。好期待喔!
look forward to sth.期待某事的到來
Angie: Me too. Let’s hope we don’t rack up any penalty points!
安姬:我也是。希望我們不會累積到任何違規點數!
rack up累積
David: Of course not. See you Saturday!
大衛:當然不會。星期六見囉!
Angie: See you then!
安姬:到時候見!