
破涕為笑
Max just came in the office.
馬克思剛進辦公室。
just(adv.)剛剛、剛才come(v.)來、過來office(n.)辦公室
Max: Morning, Megan. A nice day, isn’t it?
馬克思:早啊,梅根;美好的一天,對吧?
nice(adj.)美好的、愉快的
Megan: Morning, Max. Yeah, it’s a nice day, but it’s not my day.
梅根:早哦,馬克思;是啊,今天是美好的一天,但我今天很衰。
yeah=yes(adv.)是的、沒錯
Max: You’re looking upset. What’s going on?
馬克思:妳看起來很沮喪呢,怎麼了呀?
look(v.)看起來upset(adj.)沮喪的、難過的go on發生、進行
Megan: My car broke down on my way to work.
梅根:我上班途中車子拋錨了。
break down故障on one’s way在路上work(n.)工作
Max: That’s too bad. And how did you come to work?
馬克思:那真糟糕!妳怎麼來上班的呢?
too(adv.)太
Megan: I took a cab to the office, but now something’s wrong with the computer. I’ve lost all my files.
梅根:我搭計程車來公司的,但現在電腦出了一些問題;我遺失了所有的檔案。
take(v.)搭、乘cab(n.)計程車something(pron.)某事物wrong(adj.)不正常運作的、出毛病的computer(n.)電腦lose(v.)遺失、失去file(n.)檔案、文檔
Max: Have you saved them?
馬克思:妳已經儲存了嗎?
save(v.)儲存
Megan: Nope, and that’s the problem.
梅根:沒有,那就是問題呀!
nope=no(adv.)不、沒有problem(n.)問題
Max: Let’s get Mike to solve our IT problems. He’s an old hand at fixing computers. Don’t worry.
馬克思:我們請麥克來解決資訊技術問題,他在修電腦上是老手了!別擔心。
let(v.)讓get(v.)叫來、拿來solve(v.)解決IT=information technology資訊技術old hand老手、經驗豐富的人fix(v.)修理worry(v.)擔心、憂慮
Megan: Right, Mike can help with that. You just made my day, Max! Thanks a bunch!
梅根:對耶,麥克可以幫忙這件事。你讓我太開心了,馬克思!非常謝謝你!
right(adv.)對的help(v.)幫忙thanks(excl.)謝謝