
終於可以放輕鬆
Henry just finished a meeting with some clients.
亨利剛剛結束了跟客戶的會議。
finish(v.)完成、結束meeting(n.)會議client(n.)客戶
Will: How did it go?
威爾:會議如何?
Henry: Thank God, it went well.
亨利:謝天謝地,一切順利。
go well進行順利
Will: They liked your presentation?
威爾:他們喜歡你的簡報嗎?
presentation(n.)簡報
Henry: They loved it! I think they have a soft spot for dad jokes.
亨利:他們簡直超愛!我覺得他們好像很喜歡聽冷笑話。
have a soft spot for sth.很喜歡某事物dad joke冷笑話
Will: Really? I can’t really tell, but good job!
威爾:真假!我真的看不出來,但是做得好!
tell(v.)分辨
Henry: I really killed it in there! Everyone seemed happy.
亨利:我表現不錯欸!每個人似乎都很高興。
kill(v.)殺害、做得好seem(v.)似乎
Will: Well, you can finally rest easy now.
威爾:好吧,現在終於可以放鬆休息了。
Henry: Let’s celebrate! Dinner is on me.
亨利:去慶祝一番吧!晚餐我請客。
celebrate(v.)慶祝dinner(n.)晚餐on sb.請客
Will: Wow, somebody must be in a real good mood.
威爾:哇,有人心情這麼愉快啊。
mood(n.)心情