
洋基對道奇
Ellen and Marco are huge Los Angeles Dodgers fans. They are talking about their favorite team making it to the World Series.
艾倫和馬可是洛杉磯道奇隊的超級粉絲。他們正在聊著自己喜愛的球隊打進世界大賽的話題。
make it to…成功打入、挺進~
Ellen: I can’t believe the Dodgers made it to the World Series!
艾倫:我簡直不敢相信道奇隊真的打進世界大賽了!
Marco: Me either! I wish we could fly from Taiwan to LA to see one of the games.
馬可:我也一樣!真希望我們能從台灣飛去洛杉磯看一場比賽。
either(adv.)也
Ellen: Well, we would need a lot of money to do that! Even the cheapest seats for the games in LA cost over $1,000. It’s so crazy!
艾倫:不過我們可能需要很多錢才能去!就算是最便宜的座位,洛杉磯那邊的票價也要超過1,000元,真的是很扯!
Marco: $1,000 New Taiwan dollars?
馬可:1,000元新台幣嗎?
Ellen: No! $1,000 U.S. dollars. The excitement about the Dodgers playing the New York Yankees is causing tickets to be really, really expensive.
艾倫:不是啦!是1,000元美金。道奇隊對上紐約洋基隊的熱度,讓票價變得超級貴。
excitement(n.)激動、興奮、令人興奮的事情cause(v.)造成、導致
Marco: Wow! That’s more than the cost of a flight to LA! At that price, I’m fine just watching the games online.
馬可:哇!那比飛去洛杉磯的機票還貴呢!這個價錢我還是乖乖在家看線上直播好了。
cost(n.)花費、成本be fine V-ing對~感到滿意或沒有問題
Ellen: I agree. Let’s just buy stadium food like popcorn and hotdogs to eat while we watch the games at home.
艾倫:我也這麼覺得。我們就在家看比賽,買點像爆米花和熱狗的球場美食來吃吧。
stadium(n.)體育場、球場
Marco: Great plan! I’m in. Go Dodgers!
馬可:好主意!我要加入。道奇隊加油!
I’m in.我要加入