
雲端輸入烏龍
Tyler and Sarah are roommates. Sarah is checking the bimonthly receipt lottery winning numbers.
泰勒和莎拉是室友。莎拉在查每兩個月公布一次的發票中獎號碼。
bimonthly(adj.)雙月的winning number中獎號碼
Tyler: Any luck? Did you win some money?
泰勒:這個月運氣好嗎?有中獎嗎?
luck(n.)幸運、運氣
Sarah: The weirdest thing just happened.
莎拉:最奇怪的事情發生了。
weird(adj.)奇怪的
Tyler: What is it?
泰勒:怎麼?
Sarah: I had checked my cloud receipts last week, and I didn’t win anything. But I just found out that I actually won NT$2,000.
莎拉:我上週有查了雲端發票,但我沒有中獎。但我剛剛才發現,其實有中台幣2,000元。
cloud(n.)雲端
Tyler: How? Is there something wrong with your carrier? Your barcode maybe?
泰勒:怎麼了?載具出問題嗎?還是手機條碼?
be wrong with sth. or sb.出了問題、差錯carrier載具barcode條碼
Sarah: I was wondering the same thing, but my carrier is normal.
莎拉:我也在想同樣的事情,但都正常啊。
wonder(v.)想知道、納悶、(n.)奇景
Tyler: Let me check the website.
泰勒:我查一下網站。
Sarah: So?
莎拉:如何?
Tyler: Someone keyed in the wrong winning numbers on the cloud. So, they announced a batch of new numbers, but those who hold receipts with the wrong winning numbers can still get their prize money.
泰勒:有人輸入了錯的雲端發票中獎號碼。所以後來出了新中獎號碼,但之前錯的中獎發票還是有效喔。
key in輸入announce(v.)宣布a batch of一批prize money獎金
Sarah: Wow! Ka-Ching! You should check yours as well!
莎拉:哇!發大財了!也快去查你的雲端啊!
Ka-Ching收銀機的聲音yours=your receipts