
廚師的救命刀
Sarah and Tim are at a sushi restaurant.
莎拉與提姆正在一間壽司餐廳。
Sarah: Yum, that sushi was really good.
莎拉:好吃,那壽司真好吃!
really(adv.)非常,很
Tim: Yes, we ate so much. Look at all the plates on the table. How many are there?
提姆:是啊,我們吃了好多。看看桌上全部的盤子,有幾盤呢?
Sarah: Let’s see. There are five, ten, fifteen plates here – that and the four cups of tea that we drank.
莎拉:我看看,這裡有五、十、十五盤——十五盤和我們喝的四杯茶!
Tim: No wonder I feel so stuffed. I couldn’t eat another bite!
提姆:難怪我覺得好飽,我連一口都吃不下了!
stuffed(adj.)吃飽的,吃撐的could(aux.)可以,能another(det.)又一的,再一個的bite(n.)咬,咬下的一口,少量食物
Sarah: I could. I’m still hungry. I think I’m going to try fugu.
莎拉:我可以耶,我還是很餓。我想我要嘗試河豚。
still(adv.)還是,仍然try(v.)嘗試
Tim: Be careful, Sarah. Fugu is a poisonous fish. It could kill you!
提姆:小心哦莎拉,河豚是有毒的魚,可能會使人致死的。
careful(adj.)小心的,認真的poisonous(adj.)有毒的kill(v.)殺死,使致死
Sarah: Oh Tim, it can be poisonous, but only if the chef doesn’t prepare it properly. This is a famous restaurant, so I am sure it will be safe to try.
莎拉:噢提姆,牠是有毒的,但只是在廚師沒有妥當處理的狀況下。這是間很有名的餐廳,所以我確定這個嘗試是安全的。
if(conj.)如果,假如chef(n.)主廚,廚師prepare(v.)準備properly(adv.)正確地,恰當地sure(adj.)確定的,肯定的
Tim: Ok, on your head be it!
提姆:好,後果自負囉!
on your head be it後果自負
Sarah: Tim! Don’t say things like that.
莎拉:提姆!不要說這種話。
like(prep.)像