
不介意搶風頭
Gina and Drew are best friends from college. They are chatting.
吉娜和德魯是大學死黨。他們在聊天。
Gina: I have good news to share with you.
吉娜:我有好消息要宣布。
share(v.)分享、share with sb.
Drew: Spit it out! What is it?
德魯:快說吧!是什麼?
spit out吐出來
Gina: Jason popped the question yesterday, and I said yes!
吉娜:傑森昨天求婚了,我答應了!
pop the question求婚、tie the knot結婚
Drew: Oh my gosh! I knew! I’m so happy for you.
德魯:天哪!我就知道!真為你高興啊。
be happy for sb.為某人感到開心
Gina: Well, we didn’t set a date yet, but…
吉娜:嗯,還沒有確定日期,但是……
set a date確定日期
Drew: But you were thinking about the dress, right?
德魯:但你已經在想婚紗了,對吧?
wedding dress婚紗
Gina: Well, it’s not that. I have a favor to ask.
吉娜:不是婚紗啦。我要請你幫個忙。
ask sb. a favor請某人幫個忙
Drew: What is it? I’ll do anything for you.
德魯:什麼呢?你知道我會為你做任何事。
Gina: Would you come sing at my wedding? I know you’re such a good singer.
吉娜:你能在我的婚禮獻唱一首嗎?我知道你超級會唱歌的。
singer歌手
Drew: Sure. Of course I’ll say yes, as long as you don’t mind me stealing the show.
德魯:當然囉,如果你不介意我搶你風頭的話。
as long as=so long as只要mind(v.)介意steal the show=steal the spotlight搶盡風采
Gina: Don’t you worry.
吉娜:這你就別擔心囉。