
多汁的草莓
Mark and Helen are roommates. Helen just got home from the supermarket.
馬克和海倫是室友。海倫剛從超市回家。
Mark: Did you get the strawberries? I can’t wait to get my hands on those juicy strawberries.
馬克:你買到草莓了嗎?我迫不及待地想吃這些多汁的草莓。
get my hands on sth.取得、買到juicy(adj.)多汁的
Helen: Yes, I bought loads of them. Take it easy.
海倫:我買了很多。你慢慢來。
take it easy=calm down慢慢來、冷靜
Mark: Winter is the best time to enjoy these delicious berries.
馬克:冬天就是享受這些美味草莓的時機啊。
delicious(adj.)好吃的
Helen: I heard that an Israeli farmer has grown the world’s heaviest strawberry.
海倫:我聽說一位以色列農夫種出了世界上最重的草莓。
Israeli以色列的、Israel以色列、Hebrew希伯來grow-grew-grown(v.)種植
Mark: How heavy is it?
馬克:有多重?
Helen: It is five times the weight of a regular berry.
海倫:這顆草莓的重量是普通的五倍。
weight重量regular(adj.)一般的
Mark: It must be as big as my hand.
馬克:一定和我的手一樣大。
Helen: It has also set a new world record. The farmer seemed very satisfied with the result.
海倫:還創造了新的世界紀錄。那位農夫似乎對結果很滿意。
set a new record締造新紀錄、break a record打破紀錄result(n.)結果
Mark: Of course. I’ll go rinse these in the sink.
馬克:當然囉。我去水槽裡洗一些草莓起來。
rinse(v.)沖洗sink(n.)洗手台、水槽
Helen: Save some for me. I want to make a strawberry cake.
海倫:留一些給我喔。我想做一個草莓蛋糕。
save(v.)保留