
封城藝術節
Owen and Ken are roommates. They are staying at home because of the lockdown.
歐文和肯是室友。由於封城的緣故,他們待在家裡。
because of+N.因為lockdown(n.)封城
Owen: I’m so bored. When will the lockdown end?
歐文:我好無聊。封城什麼時候才會結束啊?
bored(adj.)感到無聊的end(v.)=finish結束
Ken: I think we still have one more week to go.
肯:我想還有一周的時間。
one more week to go還有一周
Owen: What! I’ve watched every show on Netflix. Every show!
歐文:什麼!我已經看完網飛上的所有的節目了。每一個節目!
Ken: Hey, are you interested in watching the circus show?
肯:嘿,有興趣看馬戲團表演嗎?
be interested in N.對…感興趣circus(n.)馬戲團
Owen: Like Cirque du Soleil?
歐文:像太陽劇團那種嗎?
Ken: Exactly! They offer free 60-minute footage on their own streaming platform. Also, would you like to pay a visit to a zoo?
肯:沒錯!他們在自己的串流平台上放上了長達60分鐘的免費表演片段。另外,想不想參觀一下動物園?
offer=provide(v.)提供footage(n.)片段streaming platform串流平台pay a visit to somewhere or sb.去哪裡參觀、一訪
Owen: Yes! I love animals!
歐文:好啊!我喜歡動物!
Ken: San Diego Zoo set up many cameras inside the zoo, so we can take a sneak peek at what the animals are doing.
肯:聖地牙哥動物園在園內設置了許多鏡頭,可以讓大家一窺動物們的日常生活。
set up架設camera(n.)相機、攝影機take sneak peek 偷窺、一瞧
Owen: Are there more?
歐文:還有更多好看的嗎?
Ken: Yes! Vienna State Opera and The Metropolitan Opera both provide many videos of classic plays on their official website, like Macbeth, Le Nozze di Figaro and so on.
肯:有!維也納國家歌劇院和大都會歌劇院都在官方網站上提供了許多經典戲劇,例如麥克白,費加洛婚禮等等。
opera(n.)歌劇classic(adj.)經典的、classical(adj.)古典的play(n.)戲劇and so on=and so forth等等…
Owen: Well, I’m not really familiar with operas, but we can still watch them to kill time.
歐文:我對歌劇不是很熟,但還是可以來看看消磨時間。
be familiar with對…熟悉kill time殺時間