
也許該設停損點了
Patty and Peter are colleagues.
派蒂和彼德是同事。
colleague(n.)同事
Peter: Hey, Patty, you’re really burning the candle at both ends.
彼得:嘿,派蒂,妳真的是蠟燭兩頭燒耶!
really(adv.)確實、的確burn(v.)燒candle(n.)蠟燭both(det.)兩者、兩個end(n.)末端
Patty: Do you mean that I’m working overtime?
派蒂:你是說我加班嗎?
mean(v.)意思是
Peter: Yup! You’re putting in the hours to prepare for the presentation.
彼得:妳把時間都放在準備簡報上了。
yup(adv.)是、對hour(n.)小時、鐘頭prepare(v.)準備presentation(n.)報告、演講、簡報
Patty: I wanna make sure it’ll be good enough.
派蒂:我想確保它夠好呀。
wanna=want tomake sure確保、確定enough(adv.)足夠地
Peter: You might be burning yourself out.
彼得:妳可能會累壞的。
might(aux.)也許、可能burn out疲勞過度、極度勞累yourself(pron.)你自己
Patty: Far from it. I’m full of energy!
派蒂:才不會哩!我精力充沛耶!
far from完全不…、遠非…full(adj.)充滿的、裝滿的energy(n.)精力、幹勁
Peter: Well, let me remind you that if you do burn out, you’ll be as useful as a chocolate teapot.
彼得:嗯,容我提醒妳,如果妳累壞了,妳就失去利用價值了。
let(v.)讓、允許remind(v.)提醒do(aux.)(強調主要動詞)useful(adj.)有用的teapot(n.)茶壺
Patty: Maybe you’re right – I can’t think clearly anymore. I’ll go get some sleep later.
派蒂:也許你是對的—我無法清楚思考了。我待會會去睡個覺。
maybe(adv.)也許、大概right(adj.)對的think(v.)思考clearly(adv.)清楚地、明白地anymore(adv.)(不)再get(v.)得到、獲得sleep(n.)睡覺、睡眠later(adv.)晚些時候
Peter: Good for you!
彼得:做得好!
good for you真棒、做得好