
工程師分享會
Ollie is typing. Patricia is talking to him.
歐力正在打字。派翠西亞正在跟他說話。
type(v.)打字、typo(n.)錯字
Patricia: Hey, what are you doing?
派翠西亞:嘿,你在幹嘛?
Ollie: I’m working on a speech.
歐力:我在準備我的演講。
Patricia: What kind of speech?
派翠西亞: 什麼演講啊?
Ollie: My old high school teacher reached out to me last week and asked me to do him a favor.
歐力:上星期我的高中老師聯絡到我,然後請我幫他一個忙。
reach out to sb.向誰伸出援手do sb. a favor幫某人個忙
Patricia: What’s the favor?
派翠西亞:幫什麼忙?
Ollie: He wants me to talk to his class about what it’s like being an engineer.
歐力:他想要我去他的班上跟大家講講當工程師在做什麼。
engineer(n.)工程師
Patricia: Wow, that’s a big deal.
派翠西亞:哇,這很重要。
big deal大事
Ollie: I know! I hope I can give them a clear picture about how to become an engineer.
歐力:我知道!我希望他們能對如何成為工程師這個職業有更清楚的了解。
clear(adj.)清楚的picture(n.)照片、狀況become(v.)成為
Patricia: Can I take a look at the speech?
派翠西亞:我可以看看你的演講嗎?
Ollie: I’ll just read it out loud for you. I need to practice anyway.
歐力:我直接唸給你聽好了,我也需要練一下。
read sth. out loud大聲朗讀practice(v.)練習