
未上市先嚐
Louis and Elsa are friends. They are talking about looking for a job.
路易斯和艾沙是朋友。他們正在聊找工作。
look for尋找find(v.)發現、找到
Louis: Hi, Elsa. I heard that you’re going to change your job.
路易斯:嗨,艾沙。我聽說你要換工作了。
hear(v.)聽見、聽說change(v.)更換
Elsa: That’s right. My workload is too heavy now, and I’m not as healthy as before.
艾沙:是的。現在的工作量太大,而且健康狀況還變糟。
workload(n.)工作量not as…as不像…一樣healthy(adj.)健康的
Louis: That’s too bad. I read an interesting news article online. It says that a candy company in Canada is looking for people to taste their candies and give them feedback.
路易斯:那真慘。我在網路上看到一篇有趣的文章,文章說加拿大有間糖果公司正在尋找可以幫他們試吃糖果並回饋意見的員工。
interesting(adj.)有趣的article(n.)文章taste(v.)嚐⋯⋯的味道、試吃feedback(n.)回饋
Elsa: So can they have the candies that haven’t been on the market yet?
艾沙:所以他們可以吃到還沒有上市的糖果囉?
on the market上市yet(adv.)尚未、還沒
Louis: Yep, and the salary is high. Doesn’t it sound like a dream job?
路易斯:是的,而且薪水很高。不覺得這聽起來是個理想的工作嗎?
salary(n.)薪水dream(adj.)夢想的、理想的
Elsa: But I don’t live in Canada.
艾沙:但我不住在加拿大。
Louis: The company allows people to work from home, so you can live wherever you want.
路易斯:這家公司允許員工在家工作,所以你想住哪裡就住哪裡。
allow sb. to do sth.允許某人做某事WFH在家工作wherever(conj.)無論哪裡
Elsa: Wow. That’s perfect!
艾沙:哇。這太完美了!
perfect(adj.)完美的
Louis: However, I don’t think this job will make you healthier. After all, it’s not good to eat too much sugar.
路易斯:不過,我想這個工作不會讓你變健康。畢竟吃太多糖不太好。
however(adv.)然而after all畢竟
Elsa: That’s true. But I still want to give it a try.
艾沙:那倒是。但我還是想試試看。
give sth. a try試試看做某事
Louis: Well, good luck!
路易斯:祝你好運囉!