
「Vax」因疫而貴
Ted and Diane are roommates. Ted just got home.
泰德和黛安是室友。泰德剛到家。
Ted: I’m home, and I’m vaxxed!
泰德:我回家了,我打好疫苗了!
vax or vaxx打疫苗、疫苗、vaccinate and vaccine
Diane: What are you talking about?
戴安:你在說什麼?
Ted: Didn’t you know? “Vax” is probably the most important word now.
泰德:你不知道嗎?「Vax」可能是現在最重要的單字。
important(adj.)重要的
Diane: Does it stand for “vaccine?”
黛安:代表「疫苗」嗎?
stand for代表
Ted: It also means getting a vaccine and can be spelled with double x. It was just chosen as the word of the year by the Oxford English dictionary.
泰德:也可能是接種疫苗的意思。也可以拼寫成兩個x,剛剛獲選為牛津字典年度代表字。
spell(v.)拼字、spelling beechoose-chose-chosen(v.)選擇dictionary(n.)字典
Diane: How interesting!
黛安:真有趣!
Ted: Many related words have also been invented, such as “vaxxie.”
泰德:很多跟相關的字也被發明出來,像是「vaxxie」。
related(adj.)相關的invent(v.)發明、被動
Diane: I can’t really make a guess at this one.
黛安:我真的猜不到。
make a guess at sth.猜測
Ted: It’s “vax” and “selfie!” I just posted one on my Instagram.
泰德:這是「vax」和「自拍」,我剛剛在IG上就發了一張。
selfie自拍照
Diane: I should post one after I receive my second shot tomorrow.
黛安:我明天打完後第二劑後也該來發一張。
shot(n.)一劑、一發、一次機會