
首映票房突破1,670萬美元
Mitch and Brian are at a movie theater.
米奇和布萊恩在電影院。
Mitch: Hey! Mask up, dude! Make sure your mask covers your nose.
米奇:嘿!戴口罩!確保口罩遮住鼻子。
mask up戴上口罩make sure確保cover(v.)遮蓋
Brian: I almost forgot. I’ll put it on.
布萊恩:我差點忘了。我現在就戴。
put on戴上、take off拿掉
Mitch: Which movie would you like to see?
米奇:想看哪部電影?
Brian: What about something exciting?
布萊恩:一些刺激的如何?
exciting(adj.)刺激的
Mitch: Like an action movie?
米奇:像是動作片嗎?
action movie動作片
Brian: I heard “Wonder Woman 1984” is quite nice. Its box office hit $16.7 million during the Christmas weekend.
布萊恩:我聽說《神力女超人1984》很不錯。在聖誕節週末時的票房達到了1,670萬美元。
Mitch: That’s really something with this pandemic going on.
米奇:在疫情期間還能有這種票房很不賴。
pandemic(n.)大流行病go on正發生、持續
Brian: Right!? What do you say? Let’s see Gal Gadot whipping butt!
布萊恩:沒錯,那我們就去看看蓋兒加朵揮舞神鞭如何!
whip(v., n.)鞭打、攪打奶油、皮鞭
Mitch: Sure. You go buy the tickets. I’ll go get some popcorn.
米奇:好,你去買票。我去買些爆米花。
ticket(n.)票popcorn爆米花、不可數