
降低異性吸引力
Ian and Dylan are roommates. Ian is taking pictures of his cat.
伊恩和迪倫是室友。伊恩正在為他的貓拍照。
take picture of sth.拍照片
Dylan: What are you doing?
迪倫:你在做什麼?
Ian: I’m taking photos for my account on Tinder.
伊恩:我在拍照要放到Tinder上。
account(n.)帳戶、帳號
Dylan: Are you trying to find your cat a match?
迪倫:你是在幫貓找對象啊?
match(n.)相配的一對、比賽
Ian: No, I thought people will swipe right more if they see a cute cat.
伊恩:不是啦,如果看到可愛的貓咪,不是會更想向右滑配對嘛。
swipe(v.)滑
Dylan: Oh, no. Don’t do that, man.
迪倫:哦,不。別這樣,老兄。
Ian: What? It’s reasonable. Everyone loves cats, right?
伊恩:什麼?很合理啊。每個人都愛貓,不是嗎?
reasonable(adj.)合理的、reason(n.)理由
Dylan: A study found that it actually makes women less likely to date you. They do find people with pets more attractive, but not with cats.
迪倫:有一項研究發現這其實會讓降低你對女生的吸引力喔。女生的確會覺得有養寵物的人更有吸引力,但貓是例外啊。
study(n.)研究likely to RV可能
Ian: I don’t believe that!
伊恩:我不相信!
Dylan: Well, on the whole, women just don’t want to date men with cats.
迪倫:整體來說,女人就是不想和有貓的男人約會。
on the whole=in general總體來說
Ian: I see. I think I will only target a cat person then.
伊恩:我明白了,那我想我也只好鎖定愛貓的女生了。
target(v.)以…為目標cat person愛貓人士、dog person愛狗人士