
減緩銀行現金流壓力
Jane is at a convenience store with Ben. She is trying to withdraw money from an ATM.
珍跟本在一家便利商店。她試著用自動提款機提款。
take out 提款make a deposit 存款
Jane: Hmm? How come the ATM won’t let me withdraw my money?
珍:欸?為什麼自動提款機不讓我提款?
how come… 為什麼、怎麼會…
Ben: What’s the problem?
本:怎麼了?
Jane: I’m trying to withdraw NT$50,000, but it’s not working.
珍:我試著提出台幣50,000元,但交易一直失敗。
Ben: The amount of cash you can withdraw at an ATM is restricted for every transaction.
本:每筆交易的現金提領金額是有限的。
restricted(adj.)受管制的transaction(n.)交易
Jane: Then how much can I withdraw?
珍:那我可以提取多少?
Ben: Banks will often set the limit at around NT$20,000 when you withdraw from an ATM of another bank, and allow a higher limit for withdrawing from an ATM of your own bank.
本:使用不同銀行的自動提款機提領現金時,銀行通常會設定約台幣20,000元的限額,而使用同一家銀行的自動提款機的話,提領金額會比較高。
limit(n.)限制、限額
Jane: Why do they do that?
珍:為什麼要怎麼做?
Ben: It’s a measure used to smooth out cash flow for the banks while also protecting you and your account.
本:這是一種減緩銀行現金流壓力,同時也保護你和你的帳戶的措施。
measure(n.)措施preventive measure 預防措施safety measure 安全措施smooth out 緩解、緩和poor cash flow 週轉不靈
Jane: What is the limit of withdrawal for one day?
珍:一天的提款限額是多少?
withdrawal(n.)提款
Ben: Many banks set the maximum at NT$150,000 per day.
本:許多銀行將每日提領上限設定為台幣150,000元。
set the minimum 設定下限