
夏天嫌熱、冬天怕冷?別再宅在家了~
Terry and Alison are friends. They are chatting.
泰瑞跟艾莉森是朋友,他們在聊天。
Alison: Oh man, the weather is really getting cold!
艾莉森:哦天啊,天氣真是變冷了耶!
Terry: Really? I think the recent temperature is perfect!
泰瑞:真的嗎?我覺得最近的氣溫很棒啊!
recent(adj.)近來的;最新的temperature(n.)溫度;體溫perfect(adj.)完美的;(vt.)使完美;改善
Alison: Anyways, I hate cold weather. Winter only makes me want to stay at home even more.
艾莉森:總之,我討厭冷天氣。冬天只會讓我更想待在家裡。
anyways=anyway(adv.)總之;無論如何;不管怎樣;反正;仍然
Terry: Come on! You stay at home all year round. In summer, you said, “It is too hot to go out.” Now you said, “It is too cold to go out.” Stop being a homebody. Let’s go on vacation.
泰瑞:拜託!妳一整年都待在家裡啊。夏天的時候,妳說:「天氣熱到不想出門。」現在妳又說:「天氣冷到不想出門。」別再宅在家了,我們去度假吧!
homebody(n.)宅男或宅女vacation(n.)(尤指出遊的)假期;休假
Alison: Are you serious?
艾莉森:你是認真的嗎?
serious(adj.)認真的;嚴重的
Terry: Yeah! I read an online article that said winter is the best time to travel.
泰瑞:是啊!我讀到一篇網路文章說冬季最適合去旅行。
online(adj.)網路上的;(adv.)線上地article(n.)文章
Alison: If we travel in winter, we’ll probably wear down jackets, and we’ll look fat in pictures!
艾莉森:如果我們在冬天旅行,我們可能會穿羽絨外套,那我們在照片裡就會看起來很胖啊!
probably(adv.)很可能地;大概地
Terry: Come on! Going to a hot spring in winter is fabulous! Or, we can try skiing.
泰瑞:妳嘛幫幫忙!冬天泡溫泉超讚的啊!或是,我們可以嘗試滑雪。
spring(n.)泉;春天;彈簧;彈力fabulous(adj.)極好的;虛構的;想像的skiing(不可數n.)滑雪;滑雪運動
Alison: Hmm, they do sound tempting.
艾莉森:嗯,聽來是很吸引人。
tempting(adj.)吸引人的;使人禁不住想嘗試或擁有的
Terry: Stop sitting on the fence. Let’s book the flight tickets!
泰瑞:別再三心二意了,我們訂機票吧!
sit on the fence猶豫不決fence(n.)柵欄;圍欄