
希望好事會發生
Helen and Nate are colleagues. It’s lunchtime.
海倫和奈特是同事。現在是午餐時間。
Helen: I’m going to the McDonald’s downstairs. Do you need anything?
海倫:我要去樓下的麥當勞。需要吃什麼嗎?
Nate: Get me a cheeseburger and some onion rings.
奈特:給我一個起司漢堡和一些洋蔥圈。
onion ring洋蔥圈
Helen: Sure thing. I’ll be right back.
海倫:當然。我馬上就回來。
Nate: Wait! Is there a betting station nearby? Would you mind buying a lottery ticket for me?
奈特:等等!附近有投注站嗎?你介意去幫我買一張彩券嗎?
betting station投注站、bet(v.)下注、打賭mind(v.)介意+Ving
Helen: No problem, but why all of a sudden?
海倫:沒問題,但為什麼突然想買呢?
all of a sudden=suddenly突然
Nate: There is a man, Kevin Poole, in North Carolina. He bought a lottery ticket when he was out buying lunch for his colleagues.
奈特:北卡羅萊納州的凱文,他出去幫同事買午餐時順便買了一張彩券。
Helen: Oh? Did he hit the jackpot?
海倫:哦?他就中大獎了嗎?
hit the jackpot中頭獎
Nate: That’s right! He won a $1 million prize!
奈特:沒錯!他贏得了100萬美元的獎金!
million百萬prize(n.)獎項、prize money獎金
Helen: Haha! Let’s hope the same thing will happen to us.
海倫:哈哈!我們來看看同樣的事情會不會發生在我們身上。
happen to sb.發生在誰身上
Nate: I’ll have my fingers crossed.
奈特:希望好事會發生啊。
Have my fingers crossed.祈求好運發生