
喝茶、吃魚、多走路
Jenny and Ken are colleagues. They are having lunch.
珍妮和肯是同事。他們正在吃午飯。
Ken: Are you not going to eat the rest of the pork chop?
肯:你不打算吃剩下的豬排嗎?
pork chop豬排
Jenny: No, I’m on a diet.
珍妮:不,我在節食。
be on a diet or go on a diet節食中、a healthy diet健康飲食
Ken: Again?
肯:又來?
Jenny: Yeah. I envy Japanese people. They are all so slim.
珍妮:對啊。好羨慕日本人。他們都好苗條。
envy(v.)羨慕、be envious of sth.
Ken: It’s one of the slimmest countries in the world.
肯:日本是世界上最瘦的國家之一。
Jenny: You never see an overweight person on the streets in Japan.
珍妮:在日本的街上永遠都不會看到過重的人。
overweight(adj.)過重的
Ken: I wonder. Japanese food is all about starch, like dumplings, ramen and fried noodles.
肯:我也想知道為什麼呢。日本食物全是澱粉,如餃子、拉麵和炒麵。
starch澱粉
Jenny: I think it has something to do with their green tea culture. Also, they eat a lot of fish, which is rich in good protein.
珍妮:都這麼瘦可能和綠茶文化有關。此外,日本人吃很多魚,都富含好的蛋白質。
be rich in富含protein(n.)蛋白質
Ken: And they always walk or bike to work.
肯:日本人也總是走路通勤或騎腳踏車上班。
bike(v.)騎腳踏車
Jenny: That’s it! I will start biking to work!
珍妮:沒錯!那我要開始騎腳踏車上班了!
That′s it!沒錯、想到點子、對了