
時差困擾
Virginia is talking to her partner, Gregory.
維吉尼亞正在跟他的伴侶格里高利講話。
Virginia: You look really tired.
維吉尼亞:你看起來好累。
tired(adj.)疲倦的、累的tired out筋疲力盡be tired of…對~感到厭倦
Gregory: Yes, I have jet lag.
格里高利:對啊,我有時差。
jet lag時差
Virginia: Jet lag? What’s that?
維吉尼亞:時差反應?那是什麼?
Gregory: When I fly to another country, my body feels sleepy at the wrong time.
格里高利:當我飛到別的國家,身體會在錯誤的時間想睡覺。
country(n.)國家home country本國neighboring country鄰近國家wrong(adj.)錯誤的、不對的
Virginia: How does it feel?
維吉尼亞:感覺怎麼樣?
feel(v.)感覺、覺得
Gregory: I feel sleepy during the day and awake at night. It’s hard!
格里高利:我白天很想睡,晚上卻醒著。很難受!
daytime(n.)白天awake(adj.)醒著的
Virginia: Maybe you should take a short nap now.
維吉尼亞:也許你現在該小睡一下。
take a nap小睡一下
Gregory: Good idea! I will rest for 10 minutes.
格里高利:好主意!我來休息十分鐘。
rest(v.)休息
Virginia: Sleep well, Gregory!
維吉尼亞:祝你好眠,格里高利!
well(adv.)很好地(adj.)舒服的