
美國角度看法國
Ethan and Zack are roommates. Ethan is watching a show on Netflix.
伊森和柴克是室友。伊森正在看Netflix影集。
Zack: What are you watching, pal?
柴克:老兄,你在看什麼?
pal=friend=buddy朋友
Ethan: “Emily in Paris.” It’s full of stereotypes against French people.
伊森:《艾蜜莉在巴黎》啊,這部劇充滿對法國人刻板印象。
be full of充滿stereotype(n.)刻板印象
Zack: Haha! I almost forgot that you’ve lived in Paris.
柴克:哈哈!我都快忘記了你曾住在巴黎。
Ethan: And I’ve worked at a French company. What the series showed was not accurate at all.
伊森:我也曾在一家法商工作。劇情內容根本不正確。
company(n.)公司accurate(adj.)正確的、準確的
Zack: Like what? Are French people all that lazy?
柴克:像是什麼?法國人都很懶嗎?
Ethan: Not really. There are many hard-working French people. They do go on strike very often, though.
伊森:對,但實際上並非如此,還是有很多認真勤奮的法國人,不過他們確實經常罷工就是。
hard-working(adj.)勤奮工作的go on strike罷工
Zack: Do you find the show entertaining so far?
柴克:那看到目前為止,你覺得好看嗎?
find(v.)覺得entertaining(adj.)有趣的、娛樂的、entertainment(n.)、entertain(v.)使娛樂
Ethan: I’m still waiting for the part where she gets robbed, but basically, the whole story is told from a very American point of view.
伊森:我還在等她被搶的情節啦,但基本上,整個故事都是從一個非常美國的角度來出發描寫的。
rob(v.)搶劫、robber強盜basically基本上point of view觀點、角度=perspective=viewpoint
Zack: I can tell.
柴克:看得出來。
Ethan: That’s probably why many Europeans dislike the show.
伊森:這可能也就是為什麼很多歐洲人不喜歡這個劇的原因。
dislike(v.)不喜歡