
希望太陽趕快出來
Charles and Diane are sitting at a cafe. They are sipping their coffee as they watch the rain outside.
查爾斯和黛安坐在咖啡廳裡,一邊喝咖啡一邊看著外面的雨景。
sip(v.)(n.)啜飲
Diane: Ugh, it’s raining again! Why does it always rain on me?
黛安:唉,又下雨了!為什麼我總是遇到下雨?
always(adv.)總是usually(adv.)通常often(adv.)時常sometimes(adv.)有時候seldom(adv.)很少never(adv.)從未(位置:be動詞之後,一般動詞之前)
Charles: I know, right? It feels like it rains here all the time. Did you bring your umbrella today?
查爾斯:是啊,這裡感覺好像天天都在下雨。你今天有帶雨傘嗎?
bring(v.)帶來bring sth. to sb.把某物帶給某人bring sth. to place把某物帶到某地
Diane: Nope, I left it at home… again. I always forget it.
黛安:沒有,我又忘在家裡了。我總是忘記帶。
forget(v.)遺忘forget to VR忘記去做forget V-ing忘記做過
Charles: That’s not great. You must get soaked a lot.
查爾斯:這可不妙,你一定常常被淋濕吧。
soaked(adj.)淋濕的、濕透的
Diane: Pretty much every time.
黛安:差不多每次都這樣。
pretty much 幾乎
Charles: Maybe you just need to start carrying a mini umbrella with you everywhere.
查爾斯:也許你應該開始隨身帶著一把小雨傘。
carry(v.)攜帶
Diane: Good idea! I should do that. I’m tired of being wet all the time.
黛安:好主意!我應該這麼做。我真的受夠被淋濕了。
be tired of厭倦、厭煩
Charles: Yeah, I hope the sun shows up soon.
查爾斯:是啊,希望太陽趕快出來。
hope(v.)希望(表示對未來某件事情的希望,且這件事有可能發生)wish(v.)希望(對不太可能發生的事情或與現實相反的願望,事情發生可能性較低)
Diane: Me too.
黛安:我也是。