
融化的牛肉乾
Fred is Taiwanese, and Gina is American. They are at a supermarket in America.
弗雷德是台灣人,吉娜是美國人。他們在一家美國超市裡。
Taiwanese(adj.)台灣的、台灣人的(n.)台灣人American(adj.)美國的、美國人的(n.)美國人
Fred: Why does all the bread look the same? It’s very different from Taiwan.
弗雷德:為什麼所有的麵包看起來都一樣?這跟台灣差很多。
alike(adj.)相似的、類似的
Gina: That’s not entirely true. There are bagels and baguettes. They’re different.
吉娜:才不是呢。有貝果和法國長棍麵包。它們不一樣啊。
entirely(adv.)完全地、徹底地entire(adj.)整個的、完全的baguette(n.)法式長棍麵包
Fred: Do they sell pastries here?
弗雷德:他們有賣點心嗎?
sell(v.)賣、出售sale(n.)賣、出售、銷售pastry(n.)糕點、點心
Gina: Well, yes, they sell donuts.
吉娜:嗯,有賣甜甜圈。
Fred: When you hear the word “pastries,” what comes to mind?
弗雷德:當你聽到「點心」這個詞時,你會想到什麼?
come to mind浮現於腦中、想到come up with sth.想出、提出(主意或計劃)
Gina: I think of something covered in sugar, or something like French pastries.
吉娜:我想到的是裹上糖的東西,或者是法式點心之類的。
think of想到、想出、想起cover(v.)覆蓋、包裹(n.)(書或雜誌的)封面、翻唱
Fred: Oh my gosh! Everything in America is sweet. I want you to try our pork floss buns.
弗雷德:天啊!在美國什麼東西都這麼甜。我想讓你嚐嚐看我們的肉鬆麵包。
pork(n.)豬肉floss(v.)用牙線清潔(牙縫)(n.)牙線、絲線bun(n.)小圓麵包、小圓甜蛋糕、圓髮髻try out試用
Gina: Wow, I’ve never seen anything like that before. Hmm, it’s interesting, but I don’t like it so much.
吉娜:哇,我從來沒看過這樣的東西。嗯,這很有趣,但我不太喜歡。
Fred: Why not?
弗雷德:為什麼呢?
Gina: It tastes like melted beef jerky.
吉娜:它的味道嚐起來像融化的牛肉乾。
taste(v.)嚐起來melt(v.)(使)融化melted(adj.)融化的jerky(n.)肉乾jerk(n.)蠢人、頭腦簡單的人、混蛋
Fred: Out of ten, how many points would you give the pork floss bun?
弗雷德:滿分10分,你會給肉鬆麵包打幾分?
out of ten從滿分十分當中
Gina: Five. It just tastes a little strange to me.
吉娜:5分。對我來說味道有點怪怪的。
strange(adj.)奇怪的off(adj.)(食物和飲料)壞了的、變質的、不太對勁的