
別在假期尾聲給自己理由消費
Ivy and Carl are chatting.
艾維跟卡爾在聊天。
Ivy: Oh no, our break is over!
艾維:噢不,假期結束了。
break(n.)休假、休息
Carl: Did you buy too many things again?
卡爾:妳是不是又亂花錢啦?
Ivy: It’s not often that we get days off, so of course I’m going to treat myself well!
艾維:難得放假當然要對自己好一點啊。
day off休假treat(v.)對待
Carl: No wonder most people get billed on their credit card more than they expect after their vacation.
卡爾:果然,大部分人度假之後的信用卡帳單會超出預期。
no wonder難怪bill(v.)給帳單、開立帳單credit card信用卡expect(v.)期待vacation(n.)假期
Ivy: Why?
艾維:為什麼?
Carl: Because they know that the break is almost going to end, it’s easier for them to indulge and give themselves a reason to spend money.
卡爾:因為預期假期快結束了,就容易放縱和給自己理由消費。
break(n.)休假、休息indulge(v.)放縱spend(v.)花費
Ivy: How should we solve that problem?
艾維:那該怎麼解決啊?
solve(v.)解決
Carl: You can plan to do some interesting activities to do right after your break ends. That way you’ll feel like the happiness never ended, so you don’t need to buy things!
卡爾:妳可以在假期結束的隔天預先安排有趣的活動,讓自己感覺放完假快樂還會延續,就比較不會亂花錢了。
plan(v.)計畫interesting(adj.)有趣的activity(n.)活動feel like感覺像是happiness(n.)幸福end(v.)結束
Ivy: Trying to save money during a vacation is such a pain.
艾維:度假還要節省好痛苦啊。
try(v.)嘗試save(v.)節省、存during(prep.)在⋯⋯期間vacation(n.)假期pain(n.)痛苦
Carl: You should practice treating your vacation spending just like your usual spending.
卡爾:妳該練習把度假消費當成日常生活來對待。
practice(v.)練習treat(v.)對待vacation(n.)假期spending(n.)花費usual(adj.)通常的
Ivy: Fine, I’ll try!
艾維:好啦,我會試試看。
try(v.)嘗試