
刷爆信用卡
Ivy and Carl are chatting.
艾維跟卡爾在聊天。
Ivy: Oh no, our vacation is over!
艾維:噢不,假期結束了。
over(adv.)結束、完畢
Carl: Did you buy too many things again this time?
卡爾:妳是不是又亂花錢啦?
Ivy: It’s not often that we get days off, so of course I’m going to treat myself!
艾維:難得放假當然要對自己好一點啊。
day off放假treat myself對自己好一點、treat(v.)對待、享受
Carl: No wonder so many people find out that they’ve maxed out their credit cards after their vacation.
卡爾:難怪大部分人度假之後才發現自己刷爆了信用卡。
no wonder怪不得find out發現max out刷爆卡credit card信用卡
Ivy: What do you mean?
艾維:為什麼?
Carl: Well, it’s easier to indulge yourself and spend a lot of money when you know your vacation is coming to an end.
卡爾:既然都知道假期快結束了,就很容易放縱自己然後花一堆錢啊。
indulge oneself放縱、耽溺come to an end=will be over要結束
Ivy: What should we do then?
艾維:那該怎麼辦啊?
Carl: You can do some interesting activities right after your break ends. That will make you feel like the happiness of the vacation hasn’t ended.
卡爾:妳可以在假期結束後先安排些有趣的活動,這樣就可以讓自己感覺放假的幸福感還沒消退。
interesting有趣的activity(n.)活動break(n.)休息、假期、spring break春假make讓、使役動詞+RVhappiness(n.)幸福end(v., n.)完結
Ivy: That’s a good idea!
艾維:真是個好主意。
Carl: And you should really start treating your vacation spending just like your usual spending.
卡爾:然後妳真的該開始把度假時消費習慣就當成平常消費的習慣一樣。
spending(n.)花費、開銷usual(adj.)平常的
Ivy: Fine.
艾維:好啦。