
小時不愉快的經驗
Paul and Betty are walking on the street. There’s a dog near them.
保羅和貝蒂正走在街上。有一隻狗在他們附近。
Paul: Betty, why did you stop? What’s wrong?
保羅:貝蒂,你為什麼停下來?怎麼了嗎?
stop(v.)停止stop V-ing停止做某事
Betty: I’m afraid of dogs.
貝蒂:我會怕狗。
be afraid of sth.害怕某物
Paul: Why?
保羅:為什麼?
Betty: When I was five years old, a dog ran after me for no reason.
貝蒂:我在五歲的時候,一隻狗無緣無故追我。
run after sb. or sth.追趕某人或某物reason(n.)原因、理由
Paul: That sounds horrible. Did it attack you?
保羅:聽起來好恐怖。牠有攻擊你嗎?
attack(v.)攻擊、襲擊
Betty: No, but it was scary.
貝蒂:沒有,但很可怕。
scary(adj.)可怕的、駭人的scared(adj.)害怕的
Paul: No wonder. So, how should we pass the dog over there?
保羅:難怪。所以我們應該要怎麼經過那隻在那裡的狗?
pass(v.)經過
Betty: Well, I just want to stay away from the dog.
貝蒂:嗯,我只是想離那隻狗遠一點。
stay away from sb. or sth.遠離某人或某物
Paul: OK. Then you stay on my right side, and you won’t get too close to the dog.
保羅:好。那你待在我右邊,這樣你就不會太靠近那隻狗。
right(adj.)右邊的、正確的left(adj.)左邊的wrong(adj.)錯誤的Mr. Right真命天子close(adj.)接近的、靠近的
Betty: Thanks.
貝蒂:謝了。