
墜入情網
Adam and Amber are cousins.
亞當與安柏是表姊弟。
cousin(n.)表(堂)兄弟姊妹
Amber: Hey, Adam! Long time no see!
安柏:嘿,亞當!好久不見。
long(adj.)長的、久的time(n.)一段時間
Adam: Hey! Nice to see you again!
亞當:嘿,再見到妳真好!
nice(adj.)愉快的again(adv.)又、再
Amber: So, how are you doing?
安柏:你最近過得如何呢?
so(conj.)那麼
Adam: Great! I just got my driver’s license last month.
亞當:很棒啊,我上個月剛拿到駕照。
just(adv.)剛剛、剛才driver(n.)司機、駕駛license(n.)執照、許可證month(n.)月、月份
Amber: Did you? Good for you! You’re old enough to drive now.
安柏:真的嗎?那很好啊!你已經長大到可以開車了耶!
old(adj.)老的、舊的enough(adv.)充足、充分drive(v.)開車
Adam: Well, I took driving lessons and passed the test the first time around! What about you? How’s life?
亞當:嗯,我去上架訓班,並且才考一次就通過了呢!妳呢?妳過得怎樣?
take(v.)從事、進行lesson(n.)課、課程pass(v.)通過test(n.)考試first time around第一次life(n.)人生、生活
Amber: There’s not much going on in my life except that I got engaged last week.
安柏:我最近沒什麼事,除了上週我訂婚囉!
not much沒什麼重要(有趣)的go on進行、發生except(prep.)除了…engaged(adj.)已訂婚的week(n.)星期、週
Adam: My goodness! Congratulations! Who’s the lucky guy?
亞當:我的天阿!恭喜妳!這個幸運的男人是誰呀?
goodness(excl.)天哪congratulations(n.)祝賀、恭喜
Amber: He’s my colleague. We just met and fell in love a month ago.
安柏:他是我同事;我們一個月前才認識並墜入情網。
colleague(n.)同事meet(v.)認識fall in love愛上、陷入愛河ago(adv.)以前、從前
Adam: Wow! That’s so romantic!
亞當:哇!那好浪漫哦!
wow(excl.)哇so(adv.)非常、很romantic(adj.)浪漫的