
不是每個國家都在聖誕節吃火雞
Eric is an exchange student from Hungary. Eric is eating lunch with Jessica.
艾瑞克是交換學生,來自匈牙利。潔西卡和艾瑞克一同午餐。
exchange(n.)交換student(n.)學生from(prep.)從,來自Hungary(n.)匈牙利eat(v.)吃lunch(n.)午餐
Jessica: It’s December already.
潔西卡:已經12月份了。
December(n.)十二月already(adv.)已經
Eric: Christmas is around the corner.
艾瑞克:聖誕節快到了。
around(prep.)在附近corner(n.)角落
Jessica: Eric, do you eat turkeys during the Christmas season?
潔西卡:艾瑞克,聖誕節你們吃火雞嗎?
turkey(n.)火雞during(prep.)在……期間season(n.)節期
Eric: Actually, we don’t have to eat a certain type of food.
艾瑞克:我們不吃特定的食物耶。
actually(adv.)實際上have to必須certain(adj.)特定的type(n.)類型food(n.)食物
Jessica: Do you put Christmas presents in the Christmas stockings?
潔西卡:聖誕禮物是放在聖誕襪裡嗎?
put(v.)放置present(n.)禮物stocking(n.)長襪
Eric: No, we put the presents under the Christmas tree.
艾瑞克:不。我們把禮物放在聖誕樹下面。
under(prep.)在下面tree(n.)樹
Jessica: In Taiwan, young people mostly hold parties and exchange gifts.
潔西卡:在台灣,年輕人會舉辦派對、交換禮物。
young(adj.)年輕的people(n.)人們mostly(adv.)大部分hold(v.)舉辦party(n.)派對exchange(v.)交換gift(n.)禮物
Eric: We usually visit our relatives such as our grandma or aunt.
艾瑞克:我們會拜訪其他親戚,像是奶奶、阿姨等。
usually(adv.)通常visit(v.)拜訪our(pron.)我們的relative(n.)親戚such as像是grandma(n.)奶奶,外婆aunt(n.)姑姑,阿姨
Jessica: In Taiwan, people celebrate Christmas with just their boyfriend or girlfriend.
潔西卡:在台灣,人們只跟男女朋友慶祝聖誕節。
celebrate(v.)慶祝just(adv.)只,僅僅their(pron.)他們的boyfriend(n.)男朋友girlfriend(n.)女朋友
Eric: At my age, I still celebrate with my parents. After I have my own family, I will celebrate with them.
艾瑞克:我的年紀還是跟父母一起過。我成家後,會跟我的家人過。
age(n.)年紀still(adv.)依然parent(n.)父母after(conj.)在……之後own(adj.)自己的family(n.)家人,家庭them(pron.)他們
Jessica: Wow, what a cultural difference.
潔西卡:哇!文化差異好大。
what(adj.)多麼cultural(adj.)文化的difference(n.)差異,不同
Eric: Are people in Taiwan religious during Christmas?
艾瑞克:在聖誕節期間,台灣的人們會有什麼宗教活動嗎?
religious(adj.)宗教的,虔誠的
Jessica: Usually not.
潔西卡:通常不會。