
新搭檔赫拉瓦奇科娃,攜手出擊
Toby is watching a tennis tournament with Tanya.
托比正在和譚雅看網球賽。
tennis(n.)網球tournament(n.)錦標賽
Tanya: Do you know who the Asian girl is?
譚雅:你知道這個亞洲女孩是誰嗎?
Asian(adj.)亞洲的
Toby: She is Latisha Chan from Taiwan. She’s one of my favorite tennis players, too.
托比:她叫詹詠然,來自台灣,她也是我最愛的網球選手之一。
from(prep.)來自,從player(n.)運動員
Tanya: She seems to be playing pretty well in this game.
譚雅:這場比賽她似乎打得非常好。
seem(v.)似乎pretty(adv.)非常,相當well(adv.)好地
Toby: Yes, she is. She has won 28 titles, including the 2007 US Open.
托比:是的!她已經贏得了28個冠軍,包含2007年的美國網球公開賽。
win(v.)贏得title(n.)冠軍include(v.)包含
Tanya: Why do you like her?
譚雅:你為什麼喜歡她呢?
Toby: She’s the first Taiwanese tennis player who won the US Open in the doubles competition.
托比:她是雙打贏得美網冠軍的第一位台灣網球選手。
Taiwanese(adj.)台灣的double(n.)雙打competition(n.)競賽,比賽
Tanya: Do you know when she will play her next game?
譚雅:你知道她的下一場比賽在什麼時候嗎?
when(adv.)何時
Toby: Of course I do. She’ll play in the Brisbane International and then the Australian Open next year. Andrea Hlavackova from Czech Republic will be her new partner.
托比:我當然知道囉!明年她會出賽布里斯本國際賽,接著是澳洲網球公開賽。來自捷克的赫拉瓦奇科娃將會是她的新搭檔。
of course當然Brisbane Internationals布里斯本國際賽Australian Open澳洲網球公開賽Czech Republic捷克共和國
Tanya: It must be really exciting. Let’s watch it together.
譚雅:那一定非常刺激!我們再一起看球賽吧!
exciting(adj.)刺激的by then到時候