
無關男人女人
Sam and Wes are colleagues. They are chatting.
山姆和魏斯是同事。他們在聊天。
Sam: My brother had a falling out with his wife yesterday.
山姆:我哥哥昨天和他的妻子鬧翻了。
have a falling out=fight爭吵
Wes: What happened?
魏斯:發生了什麼事?
Sam: He wanted to quit his job and stay home to watch the kids.
山姆:他想辭職,然後待在家裡照顧孩子。
quit(v.)辭職、戒除watch(v.)=look after照顧
Wes: That’s great!
魏斯:很棒啊!
Sam: Really? You don’t think that men should bring home the bacon and women should stay home and look after the kids?
山姆:真的嗎?你不會覺得男人就是要在外養家活口,而女人就應該待在家裡照顧孩子嗎?
should+RV應該
Wes: Not really. For me, I would actually love to stay home.
魏斯:完全不會。對我來說,我其實很想待在家裡啊。
Sam: Why?
山姆:為什麼?
Wes: I want to bond with my kids and spend more time with them.
魏斯:我想花時間跟小朋友培養感情啊。
bond with建立連結spend time with sb.花時間跟某人相處
Sam: You’ll be a good father.
山姆:你一定是個好爸爸。
Wes: It’s not about men or women. It’s about building a family together.
魏斯:這與男人或女人無關,重要的是一起共組家庭。
build(v.)建立family(n.)家庭