
出差的小確幸
Maddie is going to Tainan on a business trip. She is talking to Richard.
麥蒂要去台南出差。她正在跟理查說話。
business trip出差、trip(n.)旅程、Have a good trip一路順風
Maddie: Which restaurants should I go to in Tainan?
麥蒂:你知道台南有什麼好吃的嗎?
Richard: Why do you ask that out of the blue?
理查:怎麼突然問這個?
out of the blue=all of a sudden突然間
Maddie: I’m going down there to meet a client. I’ll only stay for one night, but I still want to try some Tainan food.
麥蒂:我要去那拜訪客戶,只會在那待個一天,但我還是想吃些台南美食。
go down往南邊client(n.)客戶stay(v.)停留night(n.)一晚try(v.)試試
Richard: I’m your guy! I know Tainan like the back of my hand.
理查:你問對人啦!我對台南了瞭若指掌。
I′m your guy!問對人了know sth. like the back of one′s hand=know one′s way around sth.對某事物瞭若指掌
Maddie: Aren’t you from Chiayi?
麥蒂:我以為你是嘉義人。
Richard: I moved to Chiayi for high school, but I grew up in Tainan.
理查:我搬去嘉義念高中,但我小時候在台南長大。
move(v.)搬家、移動grow up長大、grow-grew-grown(v.)成長
Maddie: So you know your stuff then.
麥蒂:所以你就是台南美食通囉。
know one′s stuff在行、stuff(n.)東西
Richard: Of course!
理查:當然。
Maddie: Any food that I must try?
麥蒂:有什麼一定要吃得嗎?
must+RV一定、必須
Richard: I’ll make a list for you.
理查:我會寫個推薦清單給妳。
make a list列張清單
Maddie: Can’t wait!
麥蒂:等不及了。