
烏龜勝貓狗
Henry is thinking about getting a pet. He is talking to Amy.
亨利正在考慮養寵物。他正在和艾咪說話。
Henry: Do you keep any pets?
亨利:你有養寵物嗎?
keep(v.)養
Amy: Yeah. I have a dog and a hamster. They are both very cute.
艾咪:有啊,我有一隻狗和一隻倉鼠。兩隻都很可愛。
hamster(n.)倉鼠、guinea pig天竺鼠both兩個cute(adj.)可愛的
Henry: I was thinking about getting a pet.
亨利:我正在考慮養寵物。
Amy: Really? What kind?
艾咪:真的嗎?養什麼?
kind(n.)種類
Henry: I don’t know yet. I want a kind that doesn’t shed fur.
亨利:我還不知道。我想要一種不會掉毛的動物。
not yet還不、尚未shed fur掉毛、fur(n.)毛、fur coat毛皮大衣
Amy: Well then, no dog or cat.
艾咪:那就不能養狗或是貓。
Henry: And I hope it doesn’t make a lot of noise as well.
亨利:我也希望寵物不會製造太多噪音。
make noise製造噪音
Amy: That’s difficult.
艾咪:真難搞。
difficult(adj.)困難的
Henry: Yeah, I know. What could it be?
亨利:是的,我知道。該養什麼動物好呢?
could表達不確定性、會有哪種動物符合條件
Amy: I mean YOU. You are a piece of work. Just get a turtle then.
艾咪:我是說你很難搞。真是麻煩。那就養烏龜吧。
a piece of work難搞的人、turtle(n.)烏龜
Henry: Ha! That’s a brilliant idea.
亨利:哈!超棒的主意。
brilliant(adj.)棒極了