
欠我一個大人情
Ronny got a call from his roommate, Ruth, after she left for work.
羅尼接到來自他的室友露絲的電話,就在露絲去上班不久後。
get a call接到一通電話leave-left-left for(v.)離開去...
Ronny: Hey, what’s up?
羅尼:嘿,怎麼了?
what′s up?怎麼了、你好嗎
Ruth: Are you still at home?
露絲:你還在家嗎?
still(adv.)還在、依然
Ronny: Yeah, I just finished breakfast.
羅尼:對,我剛吃完早餐。
finish(v.)結束breakfast(n.)早餐、fast(n.)齋戒、禁食
Ruth: Do me a favor. I forgot to bring my laptop. Can you bring it to me after lunch?
露絲:幫我個忙,我忘記帶筆電出門了。你可以午餐後拿來給我嗎?
do sb. a favor幫某人忙forget-forgot-forgotten(v.)忘記bring-brought-brought(v.)帶lunch(n.)午餐
Ronny: Ok, but you’ll owe me big-time. Where’s your laptop?
羅尼:你真是欠我一個大人情了。你的筆電在哪?
owe sb. big-time欠誰大人情
Ruth: It’s on my desk.
露絲:在我桌上。
desk(n.)書桌
Ronny: Your room is a mess. I’m standing in front of many piles of your clothes.
羅尼:你的房間可真亂啊,我現在站在成堆的衣服前面。
mess(n.)一團亂in front of(prep.)在什麼之前pile(n.)堆clothes(n.)衣服
Ruth: Ok, if you’re facing my bed, the closet should be behind you and the desk is to your right. The laptop is right next to my make-up on the desk.
露絲:好,面向我的床。你的後面應該是衣櫃,桌子在你的右手邊,筆電就在桌上化妝品的旁邊。
face(v., n.)面向、臉closet(n.)衣櫥=wardrobebehind(prep.)在後面to one′s right or left在誰右邊或左邊right(adv.)正好next to在什麼旁邊make-up(n.)化妝品
Ronny: Found it! No wonder you couldn’t find your key the other day.
羅尼:找到了,難怪你找不到鑰匙。
no wonder難怪the other day那天、另一天
Ruth: It won’t happen again. Whatever, I’ll see you after lunch.
露絲:下次不會發生了啦!不管了,我們午餐後見。
happen(v.)發生whatever隨便啦、都好、算了