
檯燈前的驚喜
Henry and his mom are in the living room. Today is Henry’s birthday.
亨利和他媽媽在客廳,今天是亨利的生日。
living room客廳birthday(n.)生日
Mom: Happy birthday, Henry!
媽媽:亨利,生日快樂!
Happy birthday=生日快樂
Henry: Thanks, Mom!
亨利:謝謝媽媽!
Thanks=Thank you謝謝你
Mom: I have a birthday present for you, but you need to find it.
媽媽:我有生日禮物要給你,但是你必須找到它。
birthday present生日禮物need(v.)需要find(v.)找到、發現
Henry: Is it in the living room or in my bedroom?
亨利:它在客廳還是在我的臥室?
bedroom(n.)臥室
Mom: It is in your bedroom.
媽媽:在你臥室。
Henry: Is it under the bed?
亨利:是在床底下嗎?
under(prep.)在⋯下面bed(n.)床鋪
Mom: No, it isn’t.
媽媽:不,不是。
Henry: Is it inside one of the drawers in my desk?
亨利:是在我書桌的抽屜裡嗎?
inside(prep.)在⋯裡面drawer(n.)抽屜desk(n.)書桌
Mom: No, it isn’t. Keep looking.
媽媽:不,不是,繼續找吧。
keep(v.)繼續不斷
Henry: I got it! It’s right in front of the table lamp.
亨利:找到了!就在檯燈的前面。
right(adv.)正好、恰巧in front of在⋯前面table lamp檯燈
Mom: Bingo! Now you can open it up.
媽媽:答對了!現在你可以打開它了。
Bingo!答對了open sth. up把某物打開