
工作到忘了約會
Peter is waiting for Penny at the theater. He is calling her.
彼得正在電影院等佩妮。他正在打電話給她。
be Ving現在進行式、表達正在進行中、也可以表達未來wait for sb.等待某人theater(n.)劇院、movie theater電影院=cinemacall(v.)打電話、叫人
Peter: Hey, where are you exactly?
彼得:嘿,你到底在哪啊?
exactly(adv.)確切地
Penny: I’m still working. What’s wrong?
佩妮:我還在工作,怎麼了?
still還在、依然
Peter: I’m waiting for you in front of the cinema!
彼得:我在電影院門口等你啊!
in front of在…前面
Penny: Why are you waiting for me there?
佩妮:你怎麼會在那邊等我?
Peter: We’re watching a movie tonight!
彼得:不是晚上要看電影!
watch(v.)觀看tonight今晚
Penny: Oh my! I totally forgot!
佩妮:噢噢,天啊!我完全忘記。
oh my=oh my god老天totally(adv.)完全地forget(v.)忘記
Peter: The movie is about to start.
彼得:電影就要開始了。
be about to RV即將、正要start(v.)開始
Penny: Alright, I’ll take an Uber and get there as soon as possible.
佩妮:好,我坐Uber,馬上就到。
as soon as possible=ASAP盡可能越快
Peter: I don’t want to rush you, but hurry up!
彼得:我不想要催你,但你最好加快腳步。
rush(v.)催促hurry up快一點
Penny: On my way now. I’ll be there in a few minutes.
佩妮:我在路上了,幾分鐘後就到。
on one′s way在路上a few一些minute(n.)分鐘