
吃作業怪獸
Paul and Cindy are classmates. They are having a conversation.
保羅和辛蒂是同班同學,他們正在聊天。
Paul: Cindy! Our Roomba went crazy last night!
保羅:辛蒂!我家的掃地機器人昨晚失控了!
Cindy: What do you mean? It’s just a robotic vacuum cleaner.
辛蒂:什麼意思?那不過是掃地機器人而已。
robotic(adj.)機器人的、機械式的vacuum cleaner吸塵器vacuum(n.)真空(v.)用吸塵器清掃robotic vacuum cleaner掃地機器人
Paul: It ran into my desk and ate my homework!
保羅:它撞到我的書桌,還把我的作業吃掉了!
run into撞上homework(n.)作業、功課
Cindy: Robotic vacuum cleaners don’t eat!
辛蒂:掃地機器人是不會吃東西的!
Paul: This one does! Now I have to redo my homework.
保羅:這台會!現在我得重新做作業了。
redo(v.)重做re-再次、重複rewrite(v.)重寫
Cindy: Are you sure? Did you see it happen?
辛蒂:你確定嗎?你有看到嗎?
happen(v.)發生happen to sb.發生在某人身上
Paul: I saw it with my own eyes!
保羅:我親眼看見的!
see sth. with your own eyes親眼見到
Cindy: Maybe it’s hungry for knowledge!
辛蒂:也許它是求知若飢吧!
be hungry for…渴望knowledge(n.)知識
Paul: Very funny. It also cleaned my dog!
保羅:真好笑。它還把我家的狗掃了一遍!
Cindy: Your dog?
辛蒂:你家的狗?
Paul: Yes!
保羅:是的!
Cindy: I think your robotic vacuum cleaner needs a holiday!
辛蒂:我覺得你的掃地機器人該放個假了!
holiday(n.)假日go on holiday去度假be on holiday度假中