
停止拖延
Billy and Heidi are friends. They are chatting.
比利和海蒂是朋友。他們正在聊天。
Billy: The new year is around the corner.
比利:新的一年快到了。
around the corner即將來臨
Heidi: Yes. What’s your New Year’s resolution?
海蒂:對啊。你的新年新希望是什麼?
Billy: I want to save up for a car.
比利:我想存錢買車。
save(v.)儲蓄、節省、拯救save up for sth.為了某物存錢
Heidi: Again? I remember that you said the same thing last year.
海蒂:又來?我記得你去年也說一樣的話。
remember(v.)記得
Billy: But I still don’t have enough money. What about you?
比利:但我的錢還是不夠。那你呢?
Heidi: Well, I want to lose weight.
海蒂:嗯,我想減肥。
lose(v.)失去、損失weight(n.)重量、體重gain weight增重
Billy: Yours is the same, too. Do you have a clear goal this time?
比利:你的也一樣啊。你這次有明確的目標嗎?
clear(adj.)清楚的、明確的goal(n.)目標
Heidi: I hope I can lose 10 kilograms this year.
海蒂:我希望今年可以減10公斤。
Billy: I think your resolution should be “stop putting things off.”
比利:我想你的新年新希望應該要是「停止拖延」。
put sth. off拖延某事
Heidi: You know me well.
海蒂:你真了解我。