
課程異動!
Ethan and Maya are classmates. They are in their classroom before class starts.
伊森和瑪雅是同學。他們在教室裡等著上課。
Ethan: Hey, Maya. What’s up with Mr. Miller? Is he late?
伊森:嘿,瑪雅。米勒老師怎麼了?他遲到了嗎?
late(adj.)遲到的、晚的run late延遲、耽擱late at night深夜
Maya: No, he’s out sick today. I saw a notice on the school bulletin board.
瑪雅:他今天生病了。我在學校佈告欄上看到通知。
out sick生病請假notice(n.)公告、通知bulletin(n.)公告簡報、快訊weather bulletin氣象快報
Ethan: Oh no. Do we have a sub today?
伊森:喔不。我們今天有代課老師嗎?
substitute teacher代課老師sub for sb.代替某人上課
Maya: Yeah. I think she’s in the office now.
瑪雅:有。我想她現在在辦公室。
Ethan: Sweet. So… is it a free period?
伊森:太好了。所以⋯⋯這節是空堂嗎?
free period自修課、空堂
Maya: Haha, not really. Mr. Miller left some work for us.
瑪雅:哈哈,才不是。米勒老師有留任務給我們。
leave(v.)留下leave sth. somewhere把某物留在某處leave O. adj.讓~處於某狀態leave O. V-ing讓~一直處於某動作
Ethan: Seriously? What do we need to do?
伊森:真的假的?我們要做什麼?
Maya: We need to finish page 20. And there’s a quiz.
瑪雅:我們要完成第20頁。而且還有一個小考。
quiz(n.)小考、測驗exam(n.)(正式的)考試final exam期末考/entrance exam入學考
Ethan: A quiz too? Oh, man.
伊森:還有小考?天啊。
Maya: Don’t worry. It’s only ten questions.
瑪雅:別擔心。只有十題。
question(n.)問題a question of...關鍵在於~、是~的問題