
騎車坐車還是搭船?
John is on holiday. He would like to go to the beach.
約翰在休假中,他想去海邊。
holiday(n.)假日beach(n.)海灘
John: Hello there, I would like to go to White Sand Beach. Do you know how to get there?
約翰:你好,我想去白沙海灘,你知道怎麼去嗎?
Receptionist: There are lots of ways to get to White Sand Beach. The fastest is by boat.
接待員:有很多方式,最快的是搭船。
way(n.)方式fast(adj.)快的,fastest最快的boat(n.)船
John: Really? How much does that cost?
約翰:真的?要多少錢?
cost(v.)花費
Receptionist: I can call someone to take you there for NT$400.
接待員:我可以打電話請人載你,那樣是400元。
call(v.)打電話someone(pron.)某人
John: NT$400? Isn’t there a cheaper way?
約翰:400元?有比較便宜的方式嗎?
cheap(adj.)便宜的,cheaper比較便宜的way(n.)方式
Receptionist: No, the cheapest is the local bus. That will cost you NT$50, but it takes almost two hours.
接待員:沒有了,最便宜的是搭公車,只要花你50元,但要快2小時才會到。
cheap(adj.)便宜的,cheapest最便宜的local(adj.)當地的bus(n.)公車cost(v.)花費take(v.)花時間almost(adv.)幾乎
John: That’s got to be the slowest way to the beach. I could walk there faster than that.
約翰:那一定是去海邊最慢的方法了,用走的都比較快。
slow(adj.)慢的,slowest最慢的way(n.)方式beach(n.)海灘walk(v.)行走fast(adj.)快的,faster比較快的
Receptionist: You could rent a scooter for just NT$200. It’s cheaper than the boat and faster than the bus. It only takes 45 minutes to get to the beach.
接待員:你可以租一台機車,200元,比搭船便宜但比公車快,只要45分鐘就可以到海邊。
rent(v.)租賃scooter(n.)小型機車cheap(adj.)便宜的,cheapest最便宜的boat(n.)船fast(adj.)快的,faster比較快的bus(n.)公車take(v.)花時間beach(n.)海灘
John: That sounds like the best way to me. Now how do I get there?
約翰:聽起來是對我來說最好的方法,我該怎麼騎過去呢?
sound(v.)聽起來best(adj.)最佳的way(n.)方式
Receptionist: Just turn left out of the hotel, and follow the road all the way to the Sea Life Museum. You’ll see the beach on your right.
接待員:出飯店後左轉,接著沿路走到海洋生活博物館,你就可以看到海灘在右手邊了。
turn(v.)轉left(adv.)左邊的hotel(n.)飯店follow(v.)跟隨road(n.)路museum(n.)博物館beach(n.)海灘right(adj.)右邊的
John: Thank you. You’ve been very helpful.
約翰:謝謝你的幫助。
helpful(adj.)有幫助的